Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Whoa, 5 days no post?

I had a few things in mind to write about actually, but the last few days especially, I've been getting sick. And getting sicker even, the crazy thing is it's still getting worse. The cough gets deeper, breathing gets harder, the congestion is thicker, my voice is hanging on by a thread. One of my professors emailed me to see if I was okay because I wasn't making it to class. Last night I couldn't even get to sleep. I went to bed around 10pm, my sister called about 10:05 though and we chatted for about half an hour. Then I tried to sleep, but I woke up at 12:30. I think I fell asleep again around 1:30 or 2 and woke up again at a quarter after 3. Since I had to come in to work at 4am, I didn't even try going back to sleep. It's awful to lay in bed, hot and sweaty, and not even be able to sleep. But being sick isn't enough, oh no, there's emotional drama. People trying to play head games with me, and I don't go for that long. Being sick, my tolerance fuse seems extra short.

Right now I'm sitting in the lab coughing up only the taste of something nasty (it's not broken up though so nothing actually comes up... just a bad taste in my mouth.) The janitor and I were commiserating about summer colds--he has one too apparently.

Last night my roommate recommended some meds I should take that she thinks will help. She also brought me home some food from the masjid kitchen (good food!) because she was at an event there. Sweet, huh? But I'd already eaten so it went in the fridge. I might have it tonight though.

I did make a post a few days ago on my other blog, vbtv.blogspot.com. I'm getting into the book and it's really starting to get on my nerves. The lies, more than anything, are what disturbs me. In another age, I thought people had the decency to speak truth at least when giving their opinion, but now I see that was a child's fantasy. People lie. What sort of response is there to a lie? What's the world coming to?

Anyway, I need a tissue... I'll try to write again soon inshaaAllah.

2 comments:

Aviator said...

shafaki allah


hope you be well soon...

Amy said...

jazakallah khair

Tylenol Multi-Symptom SEVERE is helping. I only feel as bad today as I did yesterday (and no worse, like yesterday afternoon/evening.)