Thursday, July 27, 2006

Moving again

So it's been about 3 months since I moved in... my lease is about to expire... and I devoted considerable time over the last two months to finding a place to live. I looked at some split-lease places like where I stay now, some single-bedroom and loft apartments to live alone, and looked at apartments where the tenant was looking for a roommate, or even an owner of a condo in one case who was seeking a tenant for one room.

I can't say that I wasn't stressed about it at all, but most of the time a few other things were on my mind. I decided at one point to just re-lease the place I am currently staying, and after calling to see if I could do just that I found out that my apartment had been leased to somebody else... 3 boys, actually, and I was going to have to move. They did offer to let me lease a different room downstairs in the same building, with two different roommates.

I did mention this to a sister at the masjid, who urged me to place a note on the bulletin board there, which I just did over the weekend. And alhamdulillah... Sunday night I got a call from a sister who had an apartment and was looking for someone to stay in the 2nd bedroom. She wasn't married, but living alone. So really, it improves both our situations. And the apartment is just a little bit further than mine is from the masjid, and from school, but not too much to manage. I now know for sure I'll have to drive to a park-and-ride lot and take a bus onto campus, which is fine because I've been doing that for ages anyway.

Anyway, I think by living with a sister many, probably most, of the troubles to have with a roommate would be eliminated. I know she won't be bothered if I get up early to pray, and I know there won't be beer spilled all over the kitchen, and I won't have to worry about running into "friends" who are spending the night, sleeping on the floor as I'm trying to make breakfast. I'm just so optimistic about the arrangement...

Tawakalt 'ala Allah (I put my trust in Allah.) Sometimes there isn't much else to say than that, and really we should all do that, because Allah swt is the Provider, and the Sustainer. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: