Saturday, May 12, 2007

A new blog--VBTV

Last night I received some books in the mail: Unveiling Islam and Voices Behind the Veil. In a previous post I mentioned my wish to develop a resource for non-Muslim women to learn about Islam from real Muslimahs, instead of what is currently available--a biased and largely inaccurate presentation by missionaries that fails (quite deliberately) to examine what Muslims find so beautiful about their deen.

So I have launched another blog to collect my notes on the subject, http://vbtv.blogspot.com/. I welcome comments and criticism, and also collaborators (anyone who wishes for now to work on the blog with me.)

3 comments:

Aviator said...

Sounds an interesting project to get lots of hasanat, hope to see innovative ideas and outcomes ! !

Aviator said...

forgot to mention the blog is not working.

Amy said...

It works for me; I just started it so give it a little bit of time. I redid the link in case it wasn't working properly.