Saturday, May 26, 2007

Did you miss me?

In the last week I blogged only once... and there's a reason. For the weekend I was in New York without internet access (who pays for these things?) and then had a busier-than-average week. Having no internet in New York was a mixed blessing for me, really. While not having to worry about whatever random humanitarian project or da'wah presentation is coming up, or the latest news story or article about Muslims, or which thread on the forum needs to be closed was nice... there were things that I missed. I discovered absence does make the heart grow fonder.

I also discovered the subway kinda stinks. Walking around central park in the rain... I'll admit... did not thrill me. But I did see some pretty flowers. I took a lot of pictures--some of buildings, some of greenery, and some of people. I saw people behaving in some very interesting ways. Like on the Staten Island ferry--they stare out the window and take pictures of the river. They couldn't all be tourists, could they? I mean, what's the big deal? They all wanted to take pictures of Manhattan like they'd never seen it before. I took a few too, mostly because I felt it "expected." But really, just buildings. The view from the air would be much more impressive...

But okok, I actually did like New York. I'd like to take it a bit more slowly if I ever go back. Maybe go with some girlfriends and just take it all in and not feel rushed, trying to see as much as quickly as possible. I won't go in to the drama regarding my flight home... it was a mess and at the same time a miracle (alhamdulillah) that I got home Sunday night as planned. A few of my readers heard it from me personally and I don't feel like typing it anyway. :-)

After I came back I thought I wouldn't be taking summer classes... then later (alhamdulillah!) found out I could... and now I am. Alhamdulillah. If it is Allah's will for you to do a thing, then it becomes possible and easy to do that thing. Alhamdulillah. So I pray for His help in other things, that they be possible, and easy, and blessed by Him.

So I started class on the 2nd day--I'm taking two classes, each about 10 students in size, and I am the only girl in both. And the professors now both know my name... and one has taken to calling on me in class already... indeed. And if that's not enough, my office (the entire branch really) is moving to another building next month and so I'm extra busy at work. My boss has assigned me the task of recycling everyone's files which unfortunately is taking a lot more time than I had anticipated. And I'm still getting stacks of projects! So it's kind of hectic now for me at work and since I am going to school I will have even less time to work. All that combined has left me with less time to blog.

But still... there is a lot on my mind lately. A lot of issues, stemming from the da'wah training I'm doing and the presentation we had this week, things I've read, even some of my own experiences. InshaAllah, good reading to come.

1 comment:

Aviator said...

Amy said: "The view from the air would be much more impressive..."

Yeh, just give it a try in a cessna with the new version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. But, take care, this program is a sink of time !!