Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Women in Saudi Thing

Thanks for the comments...

I want to apologize for not having updated the blog in a while since it apparently caught a lot of attention. I was referring to an article which reported that Saudi officials had decided to try to segregate the Masjid al-Haram to keep men and women from mixing in it. The women, they decided, would not be able to pray in the space near the Ka'ba. I was... opposed. Haha, to put it lightly. But it was nice to hear what other people thought, people who have more information than me, so thanks to those of you who left a comment.

Here is a related article:http://in.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-09-11T193242Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-267014-1.xml&archived=False

I had actually gotten into conflict about the issue with a brother who was trying to insist on people's safety and other issues.

I hope this is something that fades away into nonexistence and we never have to hear of it again. Really. I just made a du'a.

No comments: