Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New job

I like my job.

I like my coworkers.

I like my boss.

I like the atmosphere.

I like the pay.

But it isn't enough... with some extreme stretching it might pay for school in the fall, but rent? Food? Books? Gas? Car? So a few weeks ago I applied for another job (part time.) My friend Kristi had been a lab operator for a few semesters and I asked her about it, and applied shortly thereafter. Today I had an interview, and more or less got the job--probably working in the wee hours of the morning and on weekends, maybe 12 hours a week. So, inshallah that will help me save up even more money for the fall semester, and have a hope and prayer for the spring as well. And it's a relatively easy job, so I can read or study on the computer, I guess, while I'm there. And when I'm not working I'll sleep. Sounds good, right? Mm-hmm.

No comments: