Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Radical Christians?

Radical...

1. of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
2. thoroughgoing or extreme, esp. as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.
3. favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms: radical ideas; radical and anarchistic ideologues.
4. forming a basis or foundation.
5. existing inherently in a thing or person: radical defects of character.

I don't understand this word, when applied to religious people, especially in a negative context. But I'm not posting to discuss semantics. Instead, I'm curious what people think about this particular video:



That Christian missionaries are all over the place thinking they're saving people from hell doesn't surprise me. (I grew up in churches affiliated with the SBC.) However, if the government is supporting this, helping this... hmmmmmmm.... that kinda bothers me. Anyway. The same words out of the mouths of Muslims (rather than Baptists) would light a fire of hatred and rhetoric about 'spreading by the sword' and other nonsense. I just wonder. Thoughts?

No comments: