Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Been a while...

I was having trouble with the blogger.com/start page and couldn't figure out how to log in until today--that partially explains the delay. The last two weeks have been interesting, trying to decide what I should do with my life. What I want to do, what I can do, what I feel obligated to do... attending school this semester does not appear to be in the realm of things that I "can" do, despite wanting and feeling obligated to. And yesterday I received permission from my boss to work full-time this semester instead of attending school. Then what? Look for another job? Try to return to school? Just work?

I'd rather not disclose some relevant personal information here, but returning to school in the near future does not seem to be a viable option. If I even want to. So, is it something to sacrifice? Not the education so much as the degree. I'm exploring a few other options... other ways to complete the degree, or instead of the degree some certification--which would require far less time and money, and allow me to (inshaAllah) do something I would rather do than engineering--and that is attend an Islamic school. And right now, it seems to be a one or the other kind of deal; first one and then the other is less an option, as the first is slipping out of my hands or else pushing me underwater. Yes, I feel like I'm drowning in going to school. Sad, but true.

No comments: