Monday, February 27, 2006

Day Number 6

In hijab. That is, today is my 6th full day in the headscarf. Full day. I put it on when I leave (so parents don't see) and take it off when I go home (same reason.) I have worn it to classes, to work, shopping, to restaraunts, to a basketball game, to a sorority meeting.

So I'm starting to tell people.. hard to avoid it, because the scarf makes it so obvious. A few rude glares, a few less than polite remarks. Some people just don't understand... they don't expect it, and don't know what to make of it. I guess they'll have to get used to it... I don't know if I have the strength to just keep telling people. It should start getting easier--hasn't yet, though.

So one more week before spring break. If I can just take care of things for one more week. One more week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just going through blogs when i saw yours. All i can say is am ashamed of myself :(
I have stopped wearing hijab because my hubby doesn't like. We got married last year in Nov. Plz pray that Allah gives hidayah to my family, Ameen!
Can u please tell how you converted to Islam. I've started reading your blog from begining but still i want to know more about you. Have a good day! :)