Thursday, January 07, 2010

Blogging Troubles

See, now you all realize why I've wanted to overhaul my blog--random things start to malfunction. For instance, the banner. You might have noticed, if you had visited in the last few days, that the banner image disappeared. So I replaced it with a picture from my honeymoon, but as I don't have any image editing software (other than paint) there's not much else I can do.

I'd like to post more, but now I'm getting embarrassed to put anything up with the way my blog is looking. So inshaaAllaah I'm going to go all in and get a very nice blog with my own domain and everything. So keep your eyes peeled for that inshaaAllah.

In the meantime I'm just trying to find my way around Bellevue.

ETA: Now I have picasa, but it didn't really do me much good. At least now there's a title up there with the image.

4 comments:

Naeem: said...

AA-

Banner is nice...not sure what's wrong with it. Or is that just your excuse for not blogging. :-P

Amy said...

Salaam

I fixed it because I'm super-awesomely-blogger-savvy... or not. My husband suggested I download Picasa, which I did, and was able to create a new banner from the photo from our honeymoon, as you see. (It was from Redwood Forest Nat'l Park in CA.)

But getting it to display correctly on the page took another half an hour of poring through the html template because the whole banner kept shifting to the right a few pixels for some reason I couldn't figure out. But now it looks alright alhamdulillah. :-)

Sabirah said...

salam, banner is beautiful! I usually upload my pictures on flickr.com they have an image editing sofware that's almost close to photoshop there.

Trash Talk Press said...

Interestingg thoughts